Representation/Advocacy for People with Criminal Records | Nacro
image of a criminal record support worker helping with paperwork

Representation / Advocacy for People With Criminal Records

Have you been unfairly treated because of your criminal record? If you have been dismissed from a job, refused employment or a place on a course, or have received a DBS letter ‘minded to bar’ letter, we can help.

Every year Nacro advises thousands of people on issues relating to criminal records and allegations. We also support employers and other organisations on the safe and fair application of the law relating to criminal records. We are specialists in resolving disputes in this area.

We can support you with

  • Disclosing a criminal record
  • DBS barring representations
  • Disputing police disclosures
  • Registering with a professional body i.e. NMC, GMC, SRA
  • Representations to employers
  • Representations to education providers
  • Disputing the level of DBS check that has been requested
  • Challenging the accuracy of a criminal record certificate

Why talk to us?

  • We’ll be honest with you.
  • We’ll work hard to get the best outcome for you.
  • We’ll talk to you in plain English

Do you have to pay?

No. Our advice is free of charge.

Thank you for your support. Had I not spoken to you on that day about my options and what could have been done, I would have given up on my course because that tutor was not helpful to me at all. Your support gave me the strength I needed to fight for my place in the counselling world and in doing so I was able to sign up with the Association of Christian Counsellors. I have now passed my exam and have almost finished my 100 hours of client work and I can honestly say I have found my tribe in counselling.
Service user
Criminal recrod support service staff member on Nacro helpline

You can contact us on 0300 123 1999

Monday – Thursday: 9am – 5pm
Friday: 1pm – 5pm

Our advisors can help you with any questions you may have.