If you receive a salary or pension by PAYE, you can give directly from your pre-tax salary. That means you don’t pay any tax on the donations you make. Talk to your employer or contact the Charities Aid Foundation.
Donations of stocks, shares and some other investments are exempt from capital gains tax, and you could reduce your taxable income by the value of the gift. You can also give land, property or works of art. Talk to your accountant or contact the Charities Aid Foundation.
- If you’d like to set up or take part in events to raise money for us, we’d love to hear from you. We can help publicise your event through our social media channels, so please let us know.
- Want to join in with us? Our staff and supporters run fundraising events around England and Wales, such as fun runs and bake sales. To take part, please check with your local Nacro service.
- You can make online donations through our JustGiving page.
- If you’ve raised money for us and haven’t set up an online donation, please email our finance team. If you have a cheque to send us, please write on it which activity it relates to and send it to Nacro Finance, Edmund House, 5th Floor, 12-22 Newhall Street, Birmingham, B3 3LX.
Leaving us a gift in your will helps us to continue changing lives long into the future. It’s easy to do, and your gift will be exempt from inheritance tax. Make sure you include our charity number on the will document: 226171. Talk to your solicitor or the Charities Aid Foundation. If you do leave us a donation in your will, please let us know, so we can thank you.
There are several ways to get involved in our work. You can volunteer with one of our local services or through your employer, if you work. Visit our volunteering page to find out more.
Tammy is now stable and working thanks to Nacro housing
I started using heroin and crack at the age of 15. I dropped out of school and my dad was an addict which didn’t help because we would use together. I was in and out of jail living a chaotic lifestyle.
That was when I found out about Nacro housing. I’ve never had support as good as this and I’ve had lots over the years with different companies and places. I’m starting to become proud of who I am.
Our society needs you to invest in lasting social change
We work on pioneering projects and services that allow us to develop better responses to the challenges created by poverty and social injustice, calling on our expertise developed over 50 years. Donations to Nacro will go to:
- Add value to our statutory-funded projects – ensuring that we can go further to meet the needs of our beneficiaries and enabling sustainable impact
- Local innovation to develop local services that respond to specific needs within a community
- Research that helps us to respond to emerging needs or find more effective ways to deal with existing need. It also gives us a powerful and informed standpoint from which to launch our campaigns
- Pilot new approaches, which are rolled out more widely if successful
For more information contact us today.
If you want to give right now you can call 0121 250 5250 ext 124, or Donate through JustGiving.