Want a career that makes a real difference?
Some organisations talk about making a difference. At Nacro, we do it every day.
This takes vision and commitment, but it also takes people, like you, who are passionate about helping young people and adults to turn their lives around and bring about positive change.
To attract and develop the best people in the sector, including people who have experienced some of the challenges facing the people we support, we’ve created a culture and environment designed to bring out the best in everyone at Nacro. We are committed to equality, diversity and inclusion, we are a Disability Confident employer and actively encourage colleagues with lived experience of the issues we work on.
We offer a variety of career opportunities across our Housing, Education, Justice, Health and our Corporate Services teams. Discover more about what it’s like to work at Nacro below and hear from our colleagues.
colleagues work for Nacro
people supported across our services each year
Nacro was founded
At Nacro we offer people flexibility in how they work. Where possible we offer flexible, remote, or hybrid working.
At Nacro you will receive 25 days annual leave, plus public holidays. This leave entitlement increases by one day of annual leave per full year worked, up to 30 days after five years. We want to support people to take leave on the days that have most meaning to them, and colleagues can request to swap any of the bank holidays for an alternative day
Totton College has different terms of employment. Please speak to the Hiring Manager or recruitment team for more details.
As a colleague we take your wellbeing very seriously.
- We have an Employee Assistance Programme through Health Assured. The services available include a 24/7 telephone line, wellbeing and health resources, and online and face-to-face counselling.
- Nacro also offer free financial advice through the Money Advice Service, who provide a comprehensive array of services to help with everyday money matters. They provide impartial information about financial products and services, as well as giving guidance about money to help you work out what’s right for you.
- We have a range of initiatives to promote and support your wellbeing.
We recognise that colleagues need to balance the demands of personal and work responsibilities, and we look to support you at times of urgent and unforeseen circumstances.
- Our enhanced family leave is available to you after 12 months service has been completed. This is for paternity, maternity, shared parental and adoption leave.
- We also offer up to 10 days discretionary special leave for dependent or bereavement leave.
You will benefit from a range of enhanced benefits including:
- a cycle-to-work scheme
- a season ticket loan
- a health cash plan where you can claim cash towards a wide range of everyday health care costs, such as optical bills, dental costs, and therapy treatments. The plan has various levels of cover and can be for individual or can also cover families.
Nacro strives to be a place where all colleagues can achieve their potential.
- We offer you the opportunity to develop within your role and progress through the organisation via several learning and development opportunities.
- We have a mandatory eLearning programme and a range of optional extra courses to enhance your development.
Video: Work for Nacro
Hear from Campbell Robb, our Chief Executive, about the benefits of working for Nacro.
Job title: Business Administration Assessor
Salary: £26,867 pro rata
Hours: 15 hours per week (plus additional hours)
Location: Totton College, Southampton
We have an exciting opportunity for an inspirational assessor of business administration, customer service and team leading to join our apprenticeship team at Totton College. The assessor will be part of a growing curriculum that delivers a variety of standards across the provision.
My journey with Nacro began as an apprentice at our Boston Education centre. Nacro has allowed me to grow, I have witnessed the development of our education provision and worked my way up to Assistant Principal of Nacro Education.Simon Ashton, Assistant Principal, Nacro Education
Video: Why our colleagues enjoy working here
Find out why some of our colleagues enjoy working at Nacro.
Nacro is a fantastic place filled with so many warm and passionate people. My role is about as challenging and stimulating as jobs get. It is a very humbling and rewarding experience.Rupert, Nacro colleague