What courses can I choose?
|Caring for Children||E3||Award, certificate or diploma||City & Guilds|
|Introduction to Health, Social Care & Children’s & Young People’s Settings||1||Award, certificate or diploma||City & Guilds|
|First Award in Children's Play, Learning and Development||2||Award, certificate or diploma||Pearson BTEC|
What will I learn?
- Talking with children and young people
- Respecting children and keeping them safe
- Encouraging children to eat healthily
- Physical activities for children
- Involving children in group activities
What qualification will I have?
Depending on which course you take, you’ll have an award, a certificate or a diploma.
How do I complete the course?
You’ll be assessed through an assignment.
What can I do next?
With your qualification, you can apply for jobs including:
- nursery nurse
- special educational needs assistant
- preschool advisor
- play therapist
- school lunchtime supervisor
Alternatively you can take a related course at a higher level or apply for an apprenticeship in a related work area.