The Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (ROA) and DBS filtering rules were subject to significant changes which took effect on 28th October 2023. Correctly advising your clients on their rights and responsibilities when disclosing criminal records will help to increase their chances of securing employment.
Our course ensures you’re up to date with the latest criminal record disclosure legislation, and you have the confidence to advise your clients on what they need to disclose and the best way to go about it.
Who is this course for?
We have designed this course for the following:
- Front-line practitioners and advisors
- Individuals supporting those who have criminal records, and wish to enter into employment, education, or training
Focussed on providing up-to-date advice and guidance, this course will enable you to:
- Understand how to apply the ROA, the ROA Exceptions Order and advise your clients on when their convictions may become spent and/or eligible for filtering
- Learn about the impact of criminal records on education and employment options
- Understand exactly what your clients need to disclose and in which circumstances
- Find out which employers and organisations that welcome applications from people with criminal records
- Improve your confidence in helping them to prepare for positive disclosure
- We’ve helped thousands of people with significant offending histories to overcome the risk-averse attitudes of employers and training providers, through positive disclosure
- We’ve developed unrivalled expertise from more than 15 years’ experience of advising policymakers and providing operational support to employers across the UK with the safe recruitment of people with criminal records
We offer in-person and online learning for this course.
What previous delegates have said
“One of the most useful training sessions I have done. I would make this course mandatory for all client advisers.”
“Well worth the eight-hour round-trip from Devon! Very informative and inclusive.”
Costs and booking information
For a quote and to book for your organisation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org