Nacro Community Accommodation Service (CAS-2) | Nacro

Nacro Community Accommodation Service (CAS-2) England and Wales


What we do

Our Community Accommodation Service (CAS-2) provides housing for people who do not have a suitable address for the term of their licence or Bail Order.

We also offer the support they need to move on to an independent, crime-free future.

Accommodation and support are provided for the duration of their Bail Order or Home Detention Curfew (HDC) licence period.

Nacro delivers CAS-2 on behalf of the Ministry of Justice across England and Wales.

How it works

People live in a mix of one-bed self-contained units and two, three and four-bed shared houses with communal living space, kitchen and bathroom. We can also accommodate families if needed.

Our support officers make weekly visits to provide mandatory support, and to make sure residents are adhering to bail conditions and any licence requirements.

We also help people to find stable accommodation to move on to after their time with us. If required we can also offer support with the following:

  • employment, training and education
  • managing money
  • health and wellbeing
  • substance misuse
  • relationship building.


To be eligible a person must:

  • be aged 18 and over
  • not be serving a custodial sentence of four years or more (unless you are moving on from an Approved Premises)
  • have been assessed as low- to medium-risk of serious harm
  • not be in breach of immigration laws other than overstaying an approved period of leave to enter/remain in the UK.

We cannot accommodate those who have a conviction, caution or allegation of any sexual offences mentioned in Schedule 3 of the Sexual Offences Act 2003 or those who currently pose a high- or very high-risk of harm.

The people we work with cannot be assessed as posing an unacceptable risk to staff, contractors, other service users, the property or anyone else and they must be able to pay rent from housing benefit or employment. Residents may be eligible for help with their rent if they are in employment.

Partners and funders

Nacro CAS-2 is funded by the Ministry of Justice. We work in consultation with the Police, Local Authorities and His Majesty’s Prison and Probation Service.

How to refer

Referrals must be made by prison or probation staff based in prisons and courts.

Download our How to make a Nacro CAS-2 referral guidance for more information.

For general enquiries or to make a referral contact us using our secure email, or call 0300 555 0264