Nacro’s Community Voice council is open to all Nacro service users. It ensures that their voices are heard and that their experiences are at the centre of all our work and the design of services. The Chair of Nacro Community Voice Council attends our Strategy and Performance Committee.
The people we work with are at the heart of what we do and we never forget our responsibility to advocate on their behalf. At Nacro, we are committed to involving our service users in our work. Nacro Community Voice Council ensures that our service users are heard and can influence the design of services.
We want everyone using our services to have the chance to get involved so that we understand what they think works well and how we could do things better. We recognise that our services users are individual and have differing levels of interest in becoming involved. Service users can therefore get involved in different ways.
To find out more or to join us, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
My self-esteem and confidence have grown through being Chair of Nacro’s Community Voice Council. I am also a digital champion. Supporting my peers is something that I really enjoy and I would encourage others to share their skills to inspire engagement within their communities.
Nacro Community Voice Council agenda
People who can’t attend in person can join by telephone or Skype link
- Minutes of last meeting and actions carried forward
- Feedback from Service Users
- Workshop on a theme suggested in the previous meeting
- A talk by a staff member on a specialist topic
- Update from Education department
- Update from Justice and Health department
- Update from Housing department
- Discussion on papers
- Summary of actions to be carried forward
- Any other business and date of next meeting