Travelling With a Criminal Record | Criminal Record Advice | Nacro
image of a criminal record support worker helping with paperwork

Travelling with a criminal record

You can generally still travel abroad with a criminal record. However certain countries have a specific requirement to declare your criminal record and there are certain licence conditions that have more restrictions. Find out more below:

Travelling from the UK with a criminal record

If you wish to travel or emigrate abroad, you may find that your criminal record restricts your entry to certain countries.

Applying for leave to remain in the UK with a criminal record

Advice, information and guidance for individuals applying for leave to remain in the UK with a criminal record.

Applying for British citizenship with a criminal record

Applications for British citizenship from those living in England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland.

Travelling abroad and within the UK while on licence

If you wish to travel inside or outside the UK while you are on licence, you will need to seek permission from your probation officer.

Travelling abroad while on the sex offenders’ register

If you are living in England, Wales or Northern Ireland, you must notify the police of any intention to leave the UK for any period of time.

Criminal recrod support service staff member on Nacro helpline

You can contact us on 0300 123 1999

Monday – Thursday: 9am – 5pm
Friday: 1pm – 5pm

Our advisors can help you with any questions you may have.