Who we are
Nacro is the largest crime reduction charity in the UK. Our team of 1,000 staff and volunteers work in over 200 communities across England and Wales. In the year from March 2012 to April 2013:
- 101,500 people accessed our Resettlement Advice Service, which includes the public helpline.
- 15,500 individuals and employers received advice on the disclosure of criminal convictions from our Resettlement Advice Service.
- We housed 4,100 people.
- 5,600 housing support referrals were received by us.
- 8,700 prisoners were helped in prison, for example by the employability contract in prisons.
- 3,700 prisoners were helped into education, employment or training on release.
- 4,800 young people took part in our Study Programme and its predecessor, the Foundation Learning programme.