Life at Nacro Peterborough Education Centre
We are proud of our education community. We want every learner to have the best opportunities and learning experienced available, broadening your skills – both personally and professionally. That’s why we have our Nacro Education Charter, outlining what we provide for you, and what we ask you to bring to our community. You can learn more about what to expect while studying at Nacro Education here.
At Nacro Peterborough Education Centre, we build strong, supportive relationships to help you feel safe, motivated and valued. We offer:
- Places for local young people to achieve qualifications
- Alternative provision for 14–16-year-old learners
- Professional, experienced, and dedicated staff
- Small class sizes
- Face-to-face learning, feedback, and support for every learner
- Career advice and enrichment activities
- GCSE retakes and functional skills in English and Maths
- Opportunity for work experience in your chosen industry
- Financial support and resources to attend courses.
To learn more about life and services we have to offer, see our What to expect at Nacro Education information.
Working closely with the Peterborough community
We work within our community, establishing partnerships and helping bring the local area closer together.
Because of our partnerships, every learner has the chance to take part in valuable work experience and engage with a number of local businesses.
Shining a light on our courses
At Nacro Peterborough Education Centre, we offer additional courses to all of our learners, giving multiple opportunities to expand their CVs. In 2022, we gave our learners the opportunity to take part in an extracurricular activity working with The Howard League of Penal Reform developing a classic board game set in Peterborough.
The learners worked together to brainstorm, plan and design the board game, which was brought to life and even played with at COP26.