For local authorities and other commissioning bodies
We support people to take the next step towards independent living Nacro Homes Agency is a social lettings agency established by Nacro as part of its Housing and Wellbeing services. Our agency provides housing for homeless individuals and families who, for whatever reason, have difficulty accessing housing with support or independent housing.
We typically offer our landlords three-year leases for properties, taking away the hassle of property management and providing them with a tangible social impact.
We offer our residents quality housing with rent and tenure suited to their circumstances and a personalised system of support and coaching to help them maintain their tenancies and prepare for a planned move into independent accommodation.
Nacro has many years’ experience of working with social and private sector property providers together. Coupled with this is Nacro’s considerable track record of meeting the housing needs of local authorities and agencies in the offender and substance misuse fields, providing well-established and efficiently priced models of delivery.
How we can help you meeting housing needs
We work with individuals and families:
- Experiencing homelessness
- Ready to move on from supported housing or recovery projects
- Requiring stable accommodation where specialist agencies can provide support
- Who have a longer term but low-level housing related support needs
- Good quality, mainly self-contained properties, with some two bed shared properties where this is more appropriate. Most of the properties are fully furnished.
- Housing with intensive housing management that can be supplemented by higher levels of support by other agencies and facilitated by Nacro.
- Leasing schemes that can be provided for local authorities to assist in meeting their homelessness duties, both for families and single homeless individuals.
- Affordable housing within the Local Housing Allowance thresholds.
- Private rented access service, where no current local authority service exists.