Course overviewIf you have ever thought about being a Fitness Instructor or a Personal Trainer, then why not take a sport course at Nacro Education? You will learn all about the physical side of these jobs, such as how the body works and how injuries happen.
We will also show you what it means to be your own boss, so you will gain the confidence to start your own business or apply for a job in a gym.
What will I learn?The purpose of this qualification is to provide learners with an understanding of the active leisure sector and to explain the links between activity and better health, demonstrating the opportunities within daily life to become more active.
Learners are provided with the opportunity to experience working in the active leisure sector and developing their employability skills, which is critical to aiding their chances of gaining and sustaining employment in the short, medium and long term.
Learners are also provided with the knowledge and skills to be able to assist with the planning, preparation and delivery of safe and effective sport and physical activity sessions.
ModulesLearners must complete the nine mandatory units
• Principles of anatomy and physiology for sport and physical activity
• Principles of active, healthy living
• Exploring personal health and fitness
• Assist in the planning and delivery of a sport or physical activity session
• Employability and career opportunities in the active leisure sector
• Applying for an employment opportunity in the active leisure sector
• Preparing for an interview
• Developing self
• Working in active leisure