Course overviewThe Level 1 Motor Vehicle course offers a varied and comprehensive qualification which looks at basic car maintenance and repairs. We offer an industry recognised qualification delivered through the Institute of the Motor Industry.
Learners will leave with all of the skills and experience they need to support their progression in the motor vehicle industry.
What will I learn?You will learn about car maintenance and repairs by doing practical tasks in our workshop combined with some theory.
ModulesThere are a range of modules which you will complete including:
• Health & safety
• Lifting & moving vehicles
• Preparing to become a new driver
• Lubrication system
• Locating, interpreting and using technical information
• Vehicle valeting & detailing
• Wheels & tyres
• Routine vehicle maintenance processes and procedures
• Applying engineering techniques in an automotive environment
• Introduction to mobile automotive repair trades
• Light vehicle exhaust system components and maintenance
• Lighting system maintenance