Course overviewIf you would like to work with children, then our childcare courses are a great place to start. We will take you through the basics of childcare and show you how to make learning fun, keep children safe and involve them in group activities. You will get plenty of practical experience while you learn, which will give you confidence when you start work.
What will I learn?You will learn about child development for the 0 to 7 age range, how play is a route of children’s learning and the basis of early years frameworks, such as the early years foundation stage..
ModulesYou will study some of the following modules:
• Principles of communication in adult social care settings
• Principles of personal development in adult social care settings
• Principles of diversity, equality and inclusion in adult social care settings
• Principles of safeguarding and protection in health and social care
• Introduction to duty of care in health, social care or children's and young people's settings
• Understand the role of the social care worker
• Understand person centred approaches in adult social care settings
AssessmentYou will be assessed through a combination of coursework assignments and one examination.
Work experienceYou will have the chance to do at least two weeks of relevant work experience to support your studies, gain experience and potentially develop contacts with future employers. Our team will help you secure a work placement and will provide you with everything required for you to attend your placement.
Enrichment opportunitiesThere are a variety of enrichment opportunities on offer throughout the year, including trips and external visits.
Career and progressionYou can progress onto:
• Other Level 2 vocational childcare qualifications
• Level 3 vocational qualifications
• Related academic qualifications
• Apprenticeships within the early years and health and social care sectors