Nacro manages custody resettlement, group sessions and mentoring services in the Essex CRC area.
What are we looking for?
A pool of volunteers to support our service users in the community. The people we help respond very positively to being supported by volunteers. No experience is necessary but please ensure you fulfil the criteria below:
- We would like to see applications from people who genuinely want to support individuals to make positive changes in their life, you don’t necessarily need to have relevant experience
- We want applicants who are non-judgemental, passionate and resourceful
- We would like a commitment of a minimum of 2 hours per week for a minimum of 6 months
- Supporting with the co-facilitation of community groups
- Delivering information, advice and guidance and motivating and encouraging service users to adopt a positive attitude and confidence to achieve resettlement goals
- Providing holistic mentoring support to service users on the day of release from custody to ensure smooth transition into the community
What you will receive from us
- Initial training programme and ongoing bi-monthly training refreshers
- Flexible training programme to include volunteer requests/suggestions
- Disclosure training
- Supervision and peer-support groups
- Safeguarding training
- Access to additional training and development opportunities within the Essex CRC and with our other partners
Please note volunteers can specify whether they would prefer to deliver groups, 1:1 mentoring or both. This role is subject to a DBS and (where applicable) Enhanced Prison clearance.