Ways to pay

If you are living in Nacro housing, you are responsible for paying your rent and any service charge each week.

Your support worker or staff team will support you by helping you to apply for housing benefit, working out a realistic budget and discussing your rent account with you.

Housing benefit

Your housing benefit can be paid directly to Nacro. If your housing benefit only covers part of your rent you can arrange to pay the difference by another method that best suits you.


When you move into Nacro housing you will be given an allpay payment card. You can use this to pay your rent at any post office, supermarket, newsagent or convenience store where you see the PayPoint symbol. It’s free and you can pay as much or little and as often as you like by cash, debit card or cheque. Just remember to keep your receipts safe.

You can find your nearest PayPoint outlet herepaypoint

You can also pay online through allpay allpay

Cash payments

You can pay your rent in cash to your support worker, who will supply you with a receipt and statement of all payments made to your account.

Standing order

Complete a standing order form and your rent will be automatically taken from your bank account once a week, fortnight or month.

Are you struggling to pay?

If you are experiencing any difficulties with paying your rent, please let your support worker or staff team know as soon as possible so they can help you. If you miss rent payments we can agree a way for you to clear the debt by paying a realistic amount within a reasonable period of time. While every effort will be made to avoid you losing your home, if you persistently miss rent payments and refuse to cooperate, we will be forced to take legal action and this could result in you losing your home.

Benefit advice and welfare reforms

Your support worker and staff team can help you to apply for and make sure you keep receiving benefits and they can explain how the welfare reforms may affect you.

You can also contact our Resettlement Advice Service on 0300 123 1999 for practical advice on resettlement issues.