If you have ever thought about being a Personal Trainer then why not take the Personal Training Level 3 Diploma at
Nacro? You will learn all about the physical side of the job, such how the body works and how injuries happen.
We will also show you what it means to be your own boss, so you have the confidence to start your own business
or apply for a job in a gym.
What will I learn?
This qualification will further develop learners, who have existing knowledge and skills in gym instruction, to
enable them to pursue a career in personal training. During the qualification learners will cover the following:
• Further knowledge of anatomy and physiology applicable to personal training.
• Nutrition for exercise, health and fitness.
• Lifestyle and medical factors that affect wellbeing.
• Effective communication skills for client consultations to encourage healthy lifestyle behaviours and strategies for change.
• Skills to plan and conduct physical activity sessions with different types of clients in a variety of environments with a range of resources.
• Legal and professional requirements for personal training.
• How to set up and manage a personal training business on a self-employed basis if they wish to.
• How to manage, evaluate and improve own performance.
This qualification is comprised of six mandatory units.
Applied anatomy and physiology for exercise, health and fitness
The principles of nutrition and their application to exercise and health
Understanding lifestyle, health, wellbeing and common medical conditions
Encouraging positive health and fitness behaviours in clients
Programme design and delivery for personal training
Professionalism and business acumen for personal trainers
You will be assessed through a combination of coursework, practical observations and a multiple-choice examination.
You will have the chance to do at least two weeks of relevant work experience to support your studies, gain experience and potentially develop contacts with future employers. Our team will help you secure a work placement and will provide you with everything required for you to attend your placement.
There are a variety of enrichment opportunities on offer throughout the year, including trips and external visits.
Career and progression
This course will qualify you to become a Personal Trainer either in a gym or becoming self-employed.