Who we are
Nacro is the largest crime reduction charity in the UK. Our team of 1,400 staff and volunteers work in over 200 communities across England and Wales. In the year from March 2011 to April 2012:
- 1,100 Nacro staff and 300 Nacro volunteers helped reduce crime, the impact of crime and change people's lives.
- We operate the UK’s only dedicated confidential public helpline for resettlement issues.
- 40,500 people accessed our Resettlement Advice Service, which includes the public helpline.
- 27,000 individuals and employers received advice on the disclosure of criminal convictions from Nacro's Resettlement Advice Service.
- We housed 1,200 people.
- 5,900 housing support referrals were received by Nacro.
- 4,800 prisoners were helped by Nacro through our employability contract in prisons.
- 1,600 prisoners were helped into education, employment or training upon release from prison.
- Over 14,000 young people took part in our Foundation Learning courses.