Nacro in summary
Nacro is the largest charity in England and Wales dedicated to reducing crime, helping over 83,000 people each year. Our team of over 2,000 staff and volunteers work with a network of partners through projects in 300 communities. Our experience on the ground gives us unrivalled insight into reducing crime, which informs our positive and pragmatic voice in media and policy debates.
We exist because we want to do something about the destructive impact of crime on individuals and communities. It creates victims, stifles opportunity, generates fear and hostility, and blights lives.
We know that by changing lives we can reduce crime and that by reducing crime we change countless more lives for the better.
Nacro’s work focuses on three areas: before, during and after people are in trouble:
- Preventing people getting into trouble - running projects to support children and young people. We steer them away from drugs and crime, teach them new skills, provide housing and support, and create new opportunities.
- Offender management - working with people in prison, on post-release licences and on community sentences. We challenge them to stop offending, provide positive skills, help them find a suitable home and create chances for people to move on from crime and to give something positive back to their communities.
- Resettling prisoners - helping them cope after serving a prison sentence, so they can settle back into the community, find a place to live and the chance of education, training and a job.
- Statutory programmes
- Diversion programmes
- Information, advice and guidance programmes
- Education, training and employment programmes
- Attitude and behaviour change programmes
- Policy and practice innovations programmes
Nacro is registered as a charity, no. 226171
Registered as a company (London), no. 203583
Nacro Community Enterprises Ltd (Nacro’s housing association) is a registered social landlord, no. H2030
Registered as a charity, no. 264658
Registered as a company (London), no. 1052098
Registered office: Park Place, 10-12 Lawn Lane, London SW8 1UD